Capsicum, according to me is a very versatile veggie. It can be added for a little crunch, in pulav, fried rice lemon rice. It gives a distinct flavor to any food. Capsicum curry can be made in more than a couple of ways. Today I’m sharing one way of making it.Hope you try and like this.
Capsicum in peanut gravy:
Capsicum: red/green/yellow: 1 cup
Red Chilli Powder: 1 tbsp.
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp.
Onions: 1 finely chopped
Tomatoes: 2 finely chopped
Garam Masala: 1 tsp.
Coriander powder:1 tsp.
Salt as needed
Water: as needed.
Cashews: a few
Khus Khus: 1 tbsp.
Water: very little for binding
1. Roast peanuts till lightly golden. Remove the skin and transfer in a jar along with khus khus and cashews and grind with little water.
2. Transfer to a plate and cool. Heat oil in the same pan, add onions and fry till lightly golden, add ginger garlic paste and fry till you begin to smell good.
3. Add tomatoes sprinkle turmeric and salt. Fry till tomatoes turn mushy. Add red chili powder, garam masala and fry till you smell good for about 2 to 3 minutes or till the mixture begins to leave oil.
4. Add capsicum and saute well. Add the peanut paste to this and cook Add water as needed.
5. Add kasuri methi, little more garam masala or coriander powder and red chili powder to give a better color. Serve hot with rotis or Pulav.
You could make this with any color capsicum, but using all three would give a nice color to the curry.